Where Can I Buy Recreational Marijuana in Michigan?
Where Can I Buy Recreational Marijuana in Michigan: On Dec. 1st, hundreds of people lined up in Ann Arbor to buy marijuana during the first day of Michigan’s legal adult-use (“recreational”) sales. The first day raked in approximately $221,000 in profits, marking a successful first day for sales of recreational product. This is despite there only being three provisioning centers (“dispensaries”) licensed to sell at that time. Check Our Available Cannabis Products
Low number of licensed provisioning centers, high demand
The demand for adult-use marijuana is hot. Just two days after Lit Provisioning Centers/Lume Cannabis Company in Evart opened up recreational marijuana sales, it ran out of product. According to Lume Cannabis Company’s president, more than eight pounds of adult-use marijuana were sold between Dec. 9th and Dec. 11th.
The Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) began accepting marijuana business license applications earlier this year and are slowly working to issue recreational licenses. As of Feb. 3rd, 2020, there are 43 active adult-use licenses*, including:Where Can I Buy Recreational Marijuana in Michigan
- Ann Arbor Healing – 3720 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Arbors Wellness – 321 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Battle Creek Provisioning – 1525 W. Michigan Avenue Suite 11 & 13, Battle Creek MI 49037
- Battle Spring – 2245 W. Columbia Suite 119 & 120, Battle Creek MI 49015
- Bella Sol Wellness Centers of Michigan – 1839 Peck St Suite B, Muskegon MI 49441
- Bloom City Club – 423 Miller Ave, Ann Arbor MI 48103
- Breedsville Provision Center – 77 E. Main Street, Breedsville MI 49027
- Common Citizen – 310 S Averill Ave, Flint, MI 48506
- Choice Labs – 3331 Page Ave, Jackson MI 49203
- Dank on Arrival – 3650 Patterson Rd, Bay City MI 48706
- Elite Wellness – 9423 N. Dort Highway, Mt. Morris MI 48458
- Essence Collective – 759 E Pinconning Road, Pinconning MI 48650
- Exclusive Provisioning Centers – 3820 Varsity Drive, Ann Arbor MI 48108
- Green Acres Wellness Center – 4700 N Huron Rd, Pinconning MI 48650
- Green House of Walled Lake – 103 E Walled Lake Dr, Walled Lake MI 48390
- Green Peak Innovations/Skymint – 1958 South Industrial Highway Suite A and B, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Green Planet Patient Collective – 700 Tappan, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Green Tree Relief – 124 South Main Street, Reading MI 49274
- Greenstone – 338 S. Ashley St., Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Herbology – 11392 West Jefferson Ave, River Rouge MI 48218
- Kinship Parma – 2199 N. Concord, Albion MI 49224
- Lit Provisioning Centers/Lume Cannabis Co. – 600 West 7th Street, Evart MI 49631
- Meds Cafe – 2352 South US 23, Rogers City MI 49779
- Michigan Supply and Provisions – 1096 E. Main St Suite A, Morenci MI 49256
- Mission Ann Arbor – 111 S. Main St. Suite 1, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Nature’s Medicines – 3480 E North Union Rd, Bay City, MI 48706
- Nature’s ReLeaf – 4086 South Dort Hwy, Burton MI 48529
- Park Place Provisionary – 1922 Park St Suite A, Muskegon MI 49441
- Pinnacle Emporium – 1098 East Main Suite 1 & 2, Morenci MI 49256
- Puff Cannabis Company – 1680 Marquette St., Bay City MI 48706
- Releaf Center for Compassionate Care – 144 W Broad St, Chesaning, MI 48616
- Releaf Center to Compassionate Care – 1840 Terminal Rd, Niles, MI 49120
- Remedii – 989 East Main Street, Morenci MI 49526
- Roots – 3557 Wilder Road, Bay City MI 48706
- The Barn – 3491 E. Bristol Rd Bldg, Burton MI 48529
- The Fire Station – 162 Heritage DR, Negaunee MI 49866
- The Flower Bowl – 28661 Michigan Ave, Inkster MI 48141
- The Green Door Bangor – 126 W. Monroe Street, Bangor MI 49013
- White River Wellness – 194 N Charles St, White Cloud MI 49349
- 1st Quality Medz – 286 Burke St, River Rouge MI 48218
- 20 Past 4 – 3590 Ann Arbor Road, Jackson MI 49202
While 63 medical marijuana provisioning centers have received approval from the MRA for home delivery, separate approval is needed for recreational delivery. See Recreational Marijuana Home Delivery Available in Michigan.
How much does adult-use marijuana cost?
While prices are up to the retailers’ discretion, one can expect the total costs to be more expensive than medical marijuana. Under marijuana laws, such as the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act (MRTMA), adult-use marijuana has an excise tax of 10 percent along with the state’s 6 percent sales tax.
While some provisioning centers (Exclusive Brands, Michigan Supply and Provisions) will have the same base price for both their medical and recreational supplies, others (Arbors Wellness, Lit Provisioning Centers) will have a couple-dollar difference between most medical and adult-use products. Check Our Available Cannabis Products
Recreational marijuana near me
The map below, created by MLive Multimedia Specialist Scott Levin, displays the locations of yet-to-be approved marijuana shops. This is based on those that have submitted requests for licenses, made it past the first step in the process and that have confirmed their store locations with MLive:
However, of Michigan’s 1,773 cities, towns, and townships, 80% of them (1,393) have opted-out of the recreational market.
A number of cities are still parsing through ordinances, zoning plans, business permits, and more. So while a city may have opted in, they also may not be ready to open adult-use marijuana facilities quite yet.
*Just because the license is active, doesn’t mean they’re open and selling yet. Be sure to call ahead. Check Our Available Cannabis Products